B&B De Mansarde has a central location and is therefore the perfect start for a visit to the city centre, culture, nature and other fun activities that the area has to offer. Below you will find our favorites. We are always happy to think along with you to give your stay a special meaning!
Apeldoorn city center
Within a 10-minute walk you are in the middle of the city center of Apeldoorn. You will find beautiful concept stores, nice boutiques and of course the known chains here. In addition, Apeldoorn has a very extensive range when it comes to terraces, lunchrooms and restaurants: we are happy to advise you!
There is plenty to see and do in the Apeldoorn city center and the nearby surroundings:
- 5 min. walk: Theater Orpheus
- In the city center you will find culture house Coda, movie theater, pop stage and course house Gigant and the Vue cinema
- 10 min. by bicycle: Palace het Loo
- By bicycle or car: the monumental former broadcasting station Radio Kootwijk and the Kröller-Müller museum are definitely worth visiting.
- Apeldoorn has various interesting citywalks or the free audiotour Canadian Walk
In no time you will be in the middle of the second largest nature reserve in the Netherlands: The Veluwe. In addition to the many beautiful cycling and walking routes that we are happy to help you with, we have a number of nice suggestions:
- Young and old(er): The Apenheul
- The city parks in Apeldoorn are beautiful, also do not forget the Paleispark and ‘t Leesten!
- Walking and spotting wildlife in the Aardhuispark
- You need 20 car minutes but definitely worth visiting: the Hoge Veluwe National Park and the largest shifting sand area in Western Europe: Kootwijkerzand
Activities & Events
There are many more fun activities in and around Apeldoorn. In addition, events, food festivals and other seasonal activities are regularly organized.